Sometimes a little help goes a long way. My cousin is on her first ever European vacation and asked me to make a basic packing checklist for her. So I did.
It can be modified of course, based on if you want to wash clothes and how long you are on the road.
But here it is, my very basic, very cool Europe and Beyond Packing List.
- 1 pair of walking/comfortable shoes
- 1 pair of sandals (weather permitting)
- 1 rainproof jacket & UMBRELLA
- 4 pairs of shorts/capris (shorts aren’t allowed in major cathedrals, but capris are OK. Must cover knees)
- 2 pairs of pants (anything light will do. You’ll be happy if you have a cooler day)
- 1 swimsuit (packed in a plastic bag)
- 5 pairs of socks (cotton blend)
- 8 pairs of underwear (silk, lace, or micro-fiber dries quickest)
- 2 extra bras
- 8 shirts (long/short-sleeved, various colors)
- 1-2 light cardigans for layering
- 1 hat
- infinity scarf (great for a blanket on the plane or rainy days in the car)
- 2-3 dresses or skirt
- 2 pair of versatile pajamas
- Disposable face clothes
- Shampoo/conditioner, dry shampoo for after flights
- Pack of disposable razors
- Sunscreen !!!
- Prescription drugs
- Cosmetics (minimum)- (powders will melt off your face! Creams etc stay better in the heat)
- First aid kit/moleskin/blister kit
- Feminine hygiene products
- Nail clippers/file/tweezers
- Spare glasses and/or prescription, mini-eyeglass repair kit, contact lenses and supplies
- Hand sanitizer
- OTC remedies: Rolaids soft chews, Reactine, Advil, Cold&Sinus etc.
- Clothesline, sink stopper, laundry soap/Tide to GO (to do laundry)
Money, Security, and Supplies
- Security: Copies of your passport, plane ticket, prescriptions deep in your luggage and email to yourself
- Plane & Train Ticket(s)
- Reservations/ Itinerary
- Money: Debit Card, Visa, Cash
- ID, such as drivers license
- Camera and/or Camcorder (including batteries and USB cables)
- Small spray bottle (fine mist – wrinkle remover and it feels great in the heat)
- Corkscrew!!! this is a must!
- Sewing kit
- Spot remover (Tide-to-Go, Shout wipes, etc)
- Insect repellant
- Pocket size tissues
- Ambien/ Tylenol PM
- Communication Notepad
- iPad/tablet & chargers
- Lipbalm with SPF
- Luggage Straps and tags
- Power Adapter
- Power Converter
- Day pack/purse
- Itinerary, Maps, etc
- Reading Material, eReader
- Luggage locks (key rings will do)
- Crystal Light/ Mio
- Pens &/or Pencils
- Scented Dryer sheets (keeps things fresh)
- Phone & charger
- Carry-On Size toiletries
- Extension Cord with power bar!!! Comes in handy if there aren’t many plug ins.
- FUD (Shewee comes in handy on a road trip. But you need practice first!!)
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Electrolytes (Nuun tablets can be bought at Sportcheck, Campers Village, Atmosphere, etc)
- cards, dice, games
- Ziploc bags
There you have it!!! Is there something you absolutely HAVE to pack??
Leave a comment below!!